Welcome to an ever-developing Internet site for researchers seeking information related to freedom of conscience, religion, or belief. We welcome you to browse the site to discover its functions.
- International Headline News, posted daily. New users, subscribe to a daily e-mail digest at the Create Account link above. Current site users: Sign in to your account and click User Account to select Subscription Services.
- Countries: documents, court cases, conference reports, news, and other items related to each of the world's countries.
- International Organizations: documents produced by major governmental, inter-governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
- Topics: documents in our database organized by topics related to freedom of religion or belief.
The site is a work in continuous progress, and we welcome your input. Feel free to Give Feedback using the link on the top right of this page. We look forward to hearing from you.
9-11 March 2015. International Moot Court Competition 2015 - Law & Religion. Studium Generarle Marcianum, Venice.
11 March 2015. Religious Diversity: Philosophical and Political Dimensions, discussion between Professors Roger Trigg and Gavin Floods, Oxford Centre for Christianity and Culture, 2.30-6.00 pm, in the Chapel, Regent's Park College, Pusey Street, Oxford.
27 March 2015. Freedom of Religion or Belief in the Education System, sponsored by the Norwegian Helsinki Committee Freedom of Belief Initiative and Ankara University Human Rights Centre, Venue: Ankara University Faculty of Political Science Mülkiye Şeref Salonu. Flyer [in Turkish].
14-16 May 2015. Conference "Challenges and Opportunities: Religious Freedom Development in the Sphere of Law" (May 14-16 in Yerevan, Armenia).
The International Center for Law and Religion Studies is pleased to announce the topic for the 22nd Annual International Law and Religion Symposium, to be held October 4-7 at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Invited international experts in law and religion will speak to the topic "Religion, Law, and Social Stability." Sub-themes will be "Religious Exemptions from Generally Applicable Laws"; "Religion, the Rule of Law, and Social Stability"; and "Religion and Violence."
Symposium sessions are open to the public, free of charge, space permitting.... more
The International Center for Law and Religion Studies announces the creation of four Facebook pages, a YouTube Channel, and a Twitter account. Please visit soon and often!
- CASE TABLES developing for cases from the United Nations Human Rights Committee and the European Court of Justice. (For cases from the European Court of Human Rights, see the case table of the Strasbourg Consortium.)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo's Constitution of 2005 with Amendments through 2011, submitted by Dr. Joseph Yav
- Case from South Africa: Ecclesia De Lange v The Presiding Bishop of the Methodist Church of Southern Africa (726/13)  ZASCA 151 (29 September 2014)
- Country Profiles for: Aruba, Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Georgia, Moldova, Mongolia, Paraguay, as well as the European Union. the Council of Europe, the United Nations Human Rights Committee
- COMING SOON: New, Religlaw site upgrade, including new, comprehensive CHINA site